Successful marketing requires you to identify, find, and interact with your target market. If the demographic you seek is the “mom-market,” where can you make a connection? As a busy mom myself, I can tell you exactly where you’ll find us – on our phones!
- Nearly every Mom owns a cell phone in 2017
- In 2017, more than 9 in 10 moms use social media
- Moms spend an average of 3.5 hours using the Internet every day
- 55% access the Internet most using their cell phone
- 84% of Moms use Facebook
The study outlines the mindset of today’s mom as a consumer.
- She lives in the mobile space
- Her mobile lifestyle dictates how she adopts other behaviors
- She drives social media; checking in multiple times daily
- She doesn’t shy away from new media or technology
- She is a heavy media consumer
So, here’s the bare minimum you need to interact successfully (and profitably) with the “mom-market.”
- A well-designed website that looks good and works well on all devices – especially smart phones. “Responsive” website design is a must.
- An intriguing and engaging social media presence. Start with Facebook – that’s where the moms are!
- Online advertising that drops you right in front of your target audience. Think Facebook ads, “boosted” Facebook posts and sponsored posts on Facebook.
If you want to tell us about your product or service, you’ll have to have that conversation in the space where we spend our time. We’re way too busy to go searching for you.