We employ men and women here at K2M, but the “girls” were talking and seriously wanted to let you know to ignore the hype and focus on these Valentine’s Day tips:
- The best thing to make for dinner: reservations! We would love to get out of making dinner, doing dishes and grocery shopping. And we could care less about going out on actual Valentine’s Day. Brunch works, so does dinner on the weekend night. But take care of the whole evening from child care to reservations, so all we have to do is get dressed.
- This bud’s for you. Flowers might seem cliched, but we still like them. We love them at work, so we can show off that our Significant Other likes us to coworkers. But flowers at the house are awesome. Roses are great, even a single beautiful orchid is nice.
- Ditch the chocolates. A piece of carrot cake that you know we love, a slice of tiramisu from the Italian restaurant down the street, but not a whole box of chocolates. It’s too much and it makes us feel guilty.
- Lingerie: you’ve got to know your girl. If your sex life is pretty great and you want to show her that you envision her in something sexy, go for it. But if the bedroom is the desert and she hates her body, maybe it’s not the gift for her.
- Jewelry: always lovely, but don’t break the bank. It depends what your traditions as a couple are vis a vis Valentine’s and gifts.
- Tickets to a movie or show coming up. We love to Netflix and chill, but knowing about a future date is nice, too.
- Spending your Sunday cleaning the house and doing the laundry so that the house is immaculate: priceless (and you could probably get some use out of that lingerie…)